Sunday, September 25, 2016

SNOWDEN'S WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY

copyright (c) Daneille Gray Snowden
2016


WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY - #1
Daneille Gray Snowden
I write this to only inspire others who basically feel there is no hope in trying to loose weight.
That is a LIE! God is One True Amazing God, that when we lay our burdens in His Hands...He will be faithful to complete it!!!
Phil. 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"

Like many woman with hormonal imbalances...GALORE, and health issues that were strange (due to chronic lymes)...my battle to loose weight was a loosing one.

I am grateful to my husband who loved me in spite of how bad I believed I looked. He proved the Love God places in a marriage founded on the Rock: Christ Jesus, runs far deeper than the physical.

I am a 5'0 petite woman, when weight started piling on; it turned me from an hour glass to a ball shape.

I found when driving, I struggled breathing for I had to be folded up, cutting off my diaphragm.

Bending down to put on my shoes...well, I didn't. I had to have my kids help me. I never would allow my picture to be taken, I was so ashamed.

I was pre-diabetic, my joints were failing me. I finally got to the place where enough was enough...I surrendered this to my God. Literally, I just threw myself at His Feet - letting go and asking for Him to take complete control: And that He did! For me, He used a book written by 2 sisters...who are 'sold-out' to Jesus. They worked diligently for over 5 years researching and putting the book: TRIM HEALTHY MAMA together.

I had heard some good reports about it, and started researching. Immediately, I felt the 'pull' to purchase the book and the rest is history.

I was into a size 18...the biggest this 5 foot tall girl has ever been in. I usually stayed in a 14 for about 15 years. My size should be about a 5. Yet, here I was and well... goodness gracious!


We took it slowly at first, this lasted two weeks. Then, I filled up a couple large black trash bags full of pastas, flours, tortilla chips and anything that was sugar laden. I donated it to others (although inside I felt bad doing that to them).

Temptation left the building!

We went to 'town-and-back' on all the recipes in the book. I slowly acclimated to the stevia in my coffee as my taste buds changed. The entire family has changed!

Once a month we have a 'blow-it' and it is ice cream or a donut. Yet, anymore; we are not liking how we feel when we eat gluten or sugar. We are truly SATISFIED with meals with fruits, veggies, good protein, also using coconut & almond and so on. 

For example; tonight I made zucchini brownies, made with coconut flour, almond flour and stevia etc... It was amazing! Plus, knowing these components are GOOD FOR ME; I feel we are finally getting the philosophy of ;'Eat to live, not live to eat.' 

I will try to post more about my weight loss journey; yet if you have any questions, I sure would be happy to help out. Now, I still have a very long way to go. I am in my 50's, and fight the lovely hormone battle (which has greatly improved), + deal with serious problems with my joints. Still, it is coming off and I am very grateful.

Here are our stat's:
*Brad (52 yr. old): 235 lbs   to  180 lbs Size 38 waist to 32
*Daneille (51 yr. old): 40lbs lost.  Size 18 to Size 10
*Felecia (17 yr. old): Size 10 to Size 4
*Tabitha (13 yr. old) Size 7 to Size 0,1

NOW:                                              BEFORE:








No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate hearing from you and if you need guidance and prayer feel free to send a message here or an email
[No spam please.]